The Thames Path is just a short walk up the lane from Buscot Manor, with its wonderful picturesque River Trails to suit all abilities, with maps to lend. Buscot Lock also has a National Trust picnic Site, where you can enjoy watching the river boats pass, or even join a cruise at nearby Lechlade ! We can securely stow Canoes/Kayaks/Bicycles as well as drying your boots and outdoor clothing. You can even bring your own horses/pony should you wish as well as the family dog! Golf, Shooting, Trout fishing, Coarse Fishing and leisure facilities – swimming, sauna etc are all within a 5 mile radius.
At certain times of the year we will be having specialist weekends such as pamper weekends with a resident masseuse able to offer a full range of treatments to the other extreme of workshop demonstrations and classes on Antique Furniture Restoration from the Buscot Manor Barn in the Grounds of Buscot Manor with additional sales of local arts/crafts on offer regularly in Buscot Village Hall.
There are so many places to see and things to do – here are a few within a stones throw :-
- Buscot House & Park. Internationally acclaimed and built by Edward Lovedon who built Buscot Manor, home to Lord Faringdon and owned by the National Trust. House and gardens open April – Sept www.buscotpark.co.uk
- Buscot & Coleshill Estates National Trust Village&Park. Guided Walks and Special events across 7,500 acres across Thames Valley and Vale of White Horse. There is a hillfort at Badbury Hill and soon to offer Cycle Hire and the ancient White Horse Hill at Uffington with panoramic views across the beautiful ridgeway. There are guided walks to groups on request of Buscot Village, general estate, River Cole restoration and World War II history of the auxilliary units. The Coleshill Estate office is on 01793 762209 www.Nationaltrust.org.uk
- Ashdown House, Newbury National Trust historic house Open for guided tours and all year round woodland walks
- Buscot Park Small Lake . Coarse Fishing –Bream, Carp, Roach, Tench www.waterscape.com
- Burford . Gateway to the Cotswolds. Burfordcotswolds.co.uk
- Bourton on the Water. Venice of the Cotswolds, Motor Museum & Model Village.
- Cotswold Woolen Weavers at Filkins. Mill, shop and art .GL7 3J www. cotswoldwoolenweavers.co.uk
- Kelmscott Manor . William Morris’ Summer home. House and gardens open April – Sept www.Kelmscottmanor.co.uk
- Cotswold Wildlife Park . Exotic and native animals in a Country setting with a viewing train, activity adventure park for children. www.cotswoldwildlifepark.co.uk
- Cotswold Water Park . www.cirencester.co.uk
- Blenheim Palace and Woodstock. www.blenheimpalace.com
- Cirencester, Northleach, Bourton on the Water. www.cirencester.co.uk
- Cheltenham Racecourse. Horse Racing. www.cheltenham.co.uk
- Lechlade. A beautiful village on the Thames with a range of antique, art, craft and country shops, pubs and restaurants certainly worth a visit or to take a boat trip. www.cotswoldcanals.com
- Faringdon . Traditional Market Town and Folly tower, Leisure Centre for swimming, etc
- Swindon & Bicester Village . Shopping Designer outlet centres.
- The Old Parsonage, Buscot SN7 8DQ National Trust 18 century property. Visits by written appt only.
We are happy to arrange transport to airports, railway stations or venues as well as assist with making any arrangements such as the theatre, restaurants or boat trips etc.